I got tagged for a Meme, from the UkOk blog. I did something similar before. Then it was to list some totally unimportant things, quirks or habits. It has evolved a bit now, I need to list just 6 quirky habits. Before, I mainly listed some unimportant things about me, but quirky habits? Do I have any, I ask myself? First, the rules:
1. Link the person(s) who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged
Ok, so one and two are done. Now, 6 quirky habits....
1. I always eat my meals in a particular order. The food on my plate always gets eaten in the same order, I can't stand the idea of eating food in a different way.
2. In a similar vein, I always get dressed in the same way, including always putting on the left sock before the right. It just feels so unnatural to put the right one one first! I guess these habits suggest I am an ordered person who likes things 'just so' but nothing could be further from the truth. These really are quirks, because it is nothing to the way I usually am, where everything is messed and disordered.
3. I never pack for holiday until the night before I travel. If I'm traveling in the afternoon or evening, then I will pack that morning. It does bother me, expecially when I'm running round at the last minute. I regularly forget things and always promise the next time I will be better organised. But it never happens.
Not only that, I never get travel money in advance, either.
4. Another 'in the same order' quirk. I always read blogs in a particular order, starting from the bottom of my blogroll and working my way up. Some blogs I read daily, others weekly, but whichever I read it is always in the same manner.
5. I never throw away envelopes. Not because I re-use them, I just store them. The box where I keep my bills and invoices is as half full with envelopes as anything else. I don't particularly have a fetish for envelopes or anything, I think it is more related to the fact I am too lazy to sort through it all.
6. I always sit in the same place in Church. I'm not sure this is so quirky, as just convenience. I like the position, it is well situated, and most importantly I get to control the kneeler! I can't stand the kneeler being down when I stand up, and have become quite adept at lifting and lowering the kneeler with my foot. As I usually get to Mass quite early it has never happened that someone else is sitting where I normally sit. I'm not sure what I would do if that were the case...
And that's it. It took me *ages* to write this post, I most be the most boring person around, if those are the only quirky habits I have! To be fair, I'm sure there are a lot more, I'm just not aware of them, as I probably see them as quite normal behaviour patterns.
Now, I am supposed to 'tag' 6 people, but completely against the spirit of the Meme I'm going to leave it open. If you read this and you have some quirks you want to share with the blogging world, feel free. Just link back and let me know so I can come take a look :-)
(Edit - I've decided to 'enforce' the Meme onto just one person, Mr ED from ellasdevil.blogpsot.com - Consider yourself 'tagged!')