03 November 2006

Blog tagging

I never even knew blog tagging existed. How cool. I was tagged by Ellasdevil. Here goes:

Do you like the look and contents of your blog?
I'm happy enough not to want to make changes. The look is light on the eye, and I don't see many other blogs with this template. I like my links and history down the left. I'm using the new blogger beta service, it's so easy to add extras to the blog. As for content, I'm not sure. I didn't want to write a 'today I went to work.' 'This evening I went....' 'Here's a picture of the kids...' etc. So I just pick up on things I see in the news and give my opinion. The biggest topic at the moment is the climate change the earth is going through. Seriously we really need to wake up and do something before it's too late.

Does your family know about your blog?
Unlikely. None of my family have an interest in blogging. And I've never told them about it.

Can you tell your friends about your blog? Do you consider it a private thing?
I could. I don't though. The username is the same I use all over, so if someone who knows me finds the blog then it'll be obvious it's me. But it's not a topic of conversation.

Do you read the blogs of those who comment on your blog? Or do you try and discover new blogs?
I do. I don't always make comment but I do read the blogs, regularly. Above all the blogs I have linked in my favourites. I also scan technorati for blogs about subjects that interest me.

Did your blog positively affect your mind? Give an example...
Did it? Does it? I don't think of my blog in that way. It's just a place where I can give my opinion, and share it with anyone who cares to read.

What does the number of visitors to your blog mean? Do you have a traffic counter?
Number of visitors means little. It's nice to know people read, and that it creates a reaction. I don't have a counter, but I do check to see where people come from. I love the fact that anyone, pretty much anywhere in the world, can pop along, drop by, and have a read.

Do you imagine what other bloggers look like?
Nope.

Do you think blogging has any real benefits?
I'm sure it does. It's great that blogging gives people a chance to have their say. Share your opinion on a global level. Write something interesting and share it with others. Exchange opinion and idea. Learn about other people, and how they view things. That can only be a positive thing.

Do you think that the blogosphere is a stand alone world community separated from the real world?
It is a community in it's own right but it is not separated from the real world. It's a reflection of opinion from people who live in the real world. Mostly. Some blogs are just plain wacky.

Do some political blogs scare you? Do you avoid them?
No, not at all. Some extreme sites can be a bit sick. But I like to read opinion that challenges and opposes my own. Staying safe and reading/sharing opinion only with like-minded people is boring. I like to challenge my beliefs.

Do you think that criticising your blog is useful?
Yeah, sure, why not. Throwing around abuse for the sake of it helps no one. But if I write something that offends, or you don't like, say so. If I am out of order, criticise. Make it constructive. Lets build conversation.

Have you ever thought about what would happen to your blog if you died?
No, not at all. There are more important things I would like to make sure are dealt with when I die than this blog. Lets keep it in perspective.

Which blogger has had the greatest impression on you?
There isn't one.

Which blogger do you think is the most similar to you?
I haven't yet found one who shares my opinions.

Name a song you want to listen to?
I'll name the song I listen to more than any other. Buddy Holly - It Doesn't Matter Anymore. I love that song.

Tag some people
Err.....

No comments: