11 November 2007

Remembrance Day

The 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. Commemorating the time the guns fell silent across Europe after the first World War, this is when we remember all those who have given their life in war. Those who died to give us the freedoms we have. Those who died on the opposite side, too. War is a nasty business, and it effects so many people, family and friends of those who die, the lives of the losers in war and the lives of those who win.

I don't like war, I don't agree with war, but I respect those who give their lives and risk their lives and often receive life altering injuries doing something I don't think I could do.

To all who have lost loved ones, to all who came back injured, to all who just came back, and especially to all who gave their lives in war, both past and present, I will remember you in my prayers today.

No comments: